The current Gothic-style church replaced the Romanesque building and dates from the late 13th century or early 14th century, in ogival style. The building’s façade is decorated with a coloured rose window measuring 6 metres in diameter, with a pattern of flowers with 12 petals and a gate, both dating from 1349. The church was built using ochre and pink Givry stones. The dome-shaped bell tower dates from the first half of the 18th century, and has a lantern turret at the top. Today, the carillon is made up of forty-seven bells.
Inside, there are chapels on either side of the church, built by the town’s most illustruous families. The biggest one belongs to the Bossuet family. The altar and twenty-four stalls date from 1701. The three stained-glass windows in the chancel date from 1881 and are of a Neo-Gothic style. There is an organ built by organ maker Julien Tribuot in 1699.
Payment for tours is made in cash, by cheque or credit card.
The Eglise Saint-Martin is only open to visitors for guided tours organised by the Rives de Saône Tourist Office, with a prior booking.
A festival of ancient music is organised in July and September.
The town of Seurre often welcomes master carillonneurs from France and abroad, come and listen to them on the first Saturday of the month